Index of /vdr/prefermenu
Name Last modified Size Description
Parent Directory 13-Jun-2006 22:08 -
old/ 13-Jun-2004 08:19 -
prefer-snapshot.jpg 05-May-2003 23:17 272k
vdr-prefermenu-0.6.2..> 13-Jun-2004 08:16 19k GZIP compressed tar ar>
vdr-prefermenu-0.6.3..> 17-Jan-2005 21:28 19k GZIP compressed tar ar>
vdr-prefermenu-0.6.4..> 23-Jan-2005 23:00 19k GZIP compressed tar ar>
vdr-prefermenu-0.6.5..> 04-May-2006 22:16 19k GZIP compressed tar ar>
vdr-prefermenu-0.6.6..> 06-May-2006 15:23 19k GZIP compressed tar ar>
This is a "plugin" for the Video Disk Recorder (VDR).
Written by: Maxime GUILBOT
Updated by: Olivier JACQUES and an Anonymous Italian :)
Project's homepage: http://m.guilbot.online.fr/prefermenu
Latest version available at: http://www.olivierjacques.com/vdr/prefermenu/
See the file COPYING for license information.
PreferMenu is a plugin that implements a preferred channel menu.
It makes it easy to recall (switch to) your favorite channels.
- Type "make plugins" at VDR directory level (or DEBUG=1 make plugins)
- Edit the keymacros.conf file:
---- sample keymacros.conf ----
---- sample keymacros.conf ----
Please check VDR manual (man 5 vdr) for more informations on keymacros.conf
Prefer channel menu plugin can be tuned to your own preferences.
Go in Configuration/Plugins/prefermenu/ to access the setup menu.
Origin X : X coordinate of the menu
Origin Y : Y coordinate of the menu
Width : Width of the menu (to tune with the biggest channel name you have)
Red : Change this to change appearance of the menu (default is blue menu)
Background opacity : Opacity of the selected channel
(usually less than "selected channel opacity").
Selected channel opacity: Opacity of selected channel
Border opacity : Opacity of menu borders
Sort by : Way to sort channels in the menu.
- "None": same order as channels.conf
- "Name": sort by alphabetic order
Close on switch : Close the menu when switching to a channel.
This allow to display channel information
Add a prefered channel by pressing Green button.
Remove a prefered channel by pressing Red button.
Prefered Channel List is in prefermenu.conf
Configuration settings (color) are stored in VDR's setup.conf
I am watching VDR's mailing list
(http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/), so you can always contact
me there. I also try to look at http://www.vdrportal.de on a regular
basis and understand the german posts :) But I'll answer in english!
2006-05-06: Version 0.6.6 - C.Y.M.
- Fix some colors on the OSD
2006-05-04: Version 0.6.5 - Ronny Kornexl
- Maintenance release for VDR 1.4.0
2005-01-23: Version 0.6.4
- Using the yellow and blue keys you can move channels up and down
PreferMenu's channel list. Thanks to Alex Stansfield.
2005-01-12: Version 0.6.3 - Olivier Jacques, DOm and Ralf Klueber
- Fixed sorting under new VDR versions (>=1.3.17). Thanks to Mark Watson.
- Fixed some cString issues.
2004-05-18: Version 0.6.2 - Olivier Jacques, DOm and Ralf Klueber
- Transition Release to vdr-1.3.7, use cOsd insted of cOsdBase and chanches
like that. The Whole OSD handlink is now more straighforward.
- Changed some method names to reflect the real use.
2004-01-09: Version 0.6.1 - Olivier Jacques, DOm and Ralf Klueber
- Added 'last channel' functionality, now you can tune to the
last visited channel (last with prefermenu, not VDR)
pressing the 0 key.
- Reintroduced symbols and borders.
2004-01-06: Version 0.6.0 - Olivier Jacques, DOm and Ralf Klueber
- Code cleanup to be ready for eventual new vdr features: removed
duplicated code in favour of native vdr methods
- Fixed a bug: the plugin crashed if using a prefermenu.conf with
more than 255 entries
- Simplified prefermenu aspect using native vdr color definitions
- Others many little changes
2003-04-30: Version 0.5.3 - Olivier Jacques, DOm and Ralf Klueber
- Added setup entry to either keep the preferred menu opened
when pressing OK or close it (and get the channel info).
Default is set to "yes" / close the preferred menu
- Added a border around +/- buttons (thanks to DOm)
- Possibility to sort by channel name, original VDR order or
"as entered" (default).
- Added setup entry which specifies the number of channels
to be displayed in the menu (3, 5 or 7). Contributed by
2003-04-13: Version 0.5.2 - Olivier Jacques and DOm
- Added Alpha Border customization (thanks to DOm)
- Added help buttons to add and remove channel
- Fixed a crash when prefermenu is opened and one of the prefered
channels has been removed in VDR's channels.conf (thanks to
Manuel Hartl for reporting this one).
2003-02-20: Version 0.5.1 - Olivier Jacques and DOm
- Changed from channel number to unique channel IDs (thanks to DOm)
Unfortunately, this broke the "closest channel" auto-selection. We
are working on it :)
- Added support for right and left keys (page jump)
- Added support for repeated keys
- re-Added color customization (R/G/B and alpha)
2003-02-10: Version 0.5.0 - Never released / by DOm
- Adapted for VDR 1.1.2x (cOsd class use)
- Patch not needed anymore (use keymacros)
- Code Reorganization in Multiple files for an easier mantainance
- Changed the color for RemoveChannel ( Red is better )
- Changed the default menu aspect, it'a now more readable.
- Sorry for my english :)
2002-11-17: Version 0.4.0 - Olivier Jacques
- Adapted to changes in 1.1.14 and 1.1.15 related to channel switch
- At opening, selected channel is the closest to the current one
2002-09-07: Version 0.3.0 - Maxime Guilbot
- Now you can choose Prefered Channel pressing Green button (to add),
yellow button (to remove)
- You can choose the color you want, and transparency !
- Now patched VDR can work without loading the plugin (before pressing
red button crashes)
2002-09-05: Version 0.2.0 - Maxime Guilbot
- Many bugfixes !
2002-09-02: Version 0.1.0 - Maxime Guilbot
- Initial revision.